Friday 21 January 2011

Training, round 1

IrishAid training - all the gang and our two trainers
First lot of training is now done and dusted (4 days in Dublin) and round two is fast approaching (3 days in Bonn).   The reality of heading away is starting to dawn on me and this initial preparation was really useful.  It was great meeting and getting to know the other IrishAid UNV (United Nations Volunteers - the scheme we're going with) people. There are 14 of us all together, spread out amongst 11 different developing countries across the globe.  I also had the chance to meet two girls who have recently returned from working with the UN in Laos, one of whom worked in a similar role to mine in UNICEF (Child Rights).   Their stories were amazing and I now have a list as long as my arm of places to visit, festivals to attend and organisations to look up when I arrive in Vientiane.  

I've got just over two weeks left in Europe before I head off to Vientiane on the 7th of February via what is arguably the longest route possible (Belfast-London-Frankfurt-Bangkok-Vientiane) - thank goodness for airmiles....!

No comments:

Post a Comment